Pokémon Forums 9000
<text = "+3">FORUM SHUT DOWN : WE ARE CLOSING DOWN PF9K IN 7 DAYS AND WE'VE STARTED A NEW FORUM COMMUNITY i.e <a href = "http://www.pokemonelemental.comp">POKEMON ELEMENTAL FORUM</a>. USERS AND GUESTS FROM HERE ARE REQUESTED TO JOIN PEF.THANKYOU</text>
Hello!
Welcome to Pokémon Forums 9000
Login to your Pokémon Forums 9000 account to access all features.

Thankyou For Visiting Pokémon Forums 9000
Pokémon Forums 9000
<text = "+3">FORUM SHUT DOWN : WE ARE CLOSING DOWN PF9K IN 7 DAYS AND WE'VE STARTED A NEW FORUM COMMUNITY i.e <a href = "http://www.pokemonelemental.comp">POKEMON ELEMENTAL FORUM</a>. USERS AND GUESTS FROM HERE ARE REQUESTED TO JOIN PEF.THANKYOU</text>
Hello!
Welcome to Pokémon Forums 9000
Login to your Pokémon Forums 9000 account to access all features.

Thankyou For Visiting Pokémon Forums 9000
Pokémon Forums 9000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should we bring in a wifi battling section?

Go down 
5 posters

Yes?
Should we bring in a wifi battling section? Vote_lcap57%Should we bring in a wifi battling section? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
No?
Should we bring in a wifi battling section? Vote_lcap14%Should we bring in a wifi battling section? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Maybe?
Should we bring in a wifi battling section? Vote_lcap29%Should we bring in a wifi battling section? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
akdude
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Should we bring in a wifi battling section? Empty
PostSubject: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:14 pm

Ash and I are trying to come up with something that will drive membership and get this forum more active. The wifi battling section is similar to the URPG of PE2K, but rules will be like that of a tournament. Let us know what you think and tell us how we can hooe to make this a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Ash Ketchum
Administrator
Administrator
Ash Ketchum

Move Chance
1:
1Should we bring in a wifi battling section? Empty

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Yes, we should bring if people get satisfied with it
Back to top Go down
http://pokeforum.narutorpg.org
Demonic Wings
PF9K Official Breeder
Demonic Wings

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:32 pm

No, because people could use hacked Pokémon and some people don't have Wi-Fi (like me) and could feel like they're missing out.
Back to top Go down
akdude
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:34 pm

That is a good point and something that worries me. There have been a few break throughs about seeing hacked pokemon, which I can get the link that will support it and give us insite on it. And though those without wifi cannot fully participate, they can still work on the battling section.

EDIT: Just had a thought. For those that do not have wifi, they can use the Shoddy program which ever participant must have as well in order to battle those that do not, especially if those that do not have wifi are gym leaders or champion.
Back to top Go down
Ash Ketchum
Administrator
Administrator
Ash Ketchum

Move Chance
1:

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 pm

People who don't have wifi can use GBA WiFi too.... from computer instead
Back to top Go down
http://pokeforum.narutorpg.org
akdude
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Here is a guide on how to know what a hacked pokemon looks like. I take no credit in this. But it will help us to stop hacked pokemon from being used.

http://forum.cheatmasters.com/pokemon-games-forum/16770-guide-how-hacked-pokemon.html
Back to top Go down
Demonic Wings
PF9K Official Breeder
Demonic Wings

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Guys, you have just succeeded in making me jealous of everyone who can use wi-fi. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Peace Buyer
Trainer
Trainer
Peace Buyer

Move Chance
1:

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:45 am

Im on the boarder...
I post my full decision on the uther one, for it`ll be more relevant.
Back to top Go down
akdude
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:52 am

How will the other be more relevant? Using the Wifi battling ability will allow users to actually use the pokemon that they have trained and work their way up the ranks vs. a system that will allow you to choose their EV's and IV's and their attacks from a huge list of attacks.
Back to top Go down
Peace Buyer
Trainer
Trainer
Peace Buyer

Move Chance
1:

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:29 am

Ill go with it but here are the terms:

No Hacks
No Competative gamers
No Smogon

hows that sound?

to me, Smogon ruined pokemon, I lost 3/4 of my matches due to the people who do smogon instead of training on their own terms
Back to top Go down
akdude
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:49 am

I just got up, so I'm not really registering what a Smogon is...But allow me to make something clear. It's no fun unless it's competative. Games are like sports. There will always have to be competition. There is a ladder with this. Trainers, Gyms, Elite 4, Champion. You have to be competitive if you want to reach the top.

EDIT: Wifi Battling will be available within a week or so. Application for gym leaders and E4 will be able to be submitted after the system is set up. A Champ will be decided by the first person that beats the E4.

Attention Groups: Please copy and save the first post of the group along with the list of your members in case the groups need to be moved. The whole battling board will be modified and we don't want to lose anything.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tsujin
Begginer Trainer
Begginer Trainer
Tsujin

Move Chance
1:

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:07 pm

What a Smogon is. xD

Anyways yeah. Forum definitely needs to have a wifi battling center but I gotta ask; what's up with the pinned up competitive clauses and tiers post in the wifi battling center?
I mean half of those clauses I've never seen before and they sound like they're made up honestly or that people are just whining about a pokemon they can't beat being too strong for them.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/Tsujin01
Peace Buyer
Trainer
Trainer
Peace Buyer

Move Chance
1:

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:32 am

Back to top Go down
akdude
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:00 am

From my understanding, from the little that I read, Smogon is a site/community that help their members in developing tatics and skill for competetive battling. There is nothing wrong with that for all battling is competetive on some level. If you are on PE2K you know that the URPG and the battling network below it is competetive. This is a similar set up to the URPG however, it's through Wifi and uses Pokemon that you have worked so hard to raise. So if someone from the Smogon community wishes to participate, I don't see any harm in it.

UPDATE: I was thinking the other day and realized that there are 5 games (at least in the US until April) that use Wifi to connect and battle. So in order to keep up with it, if you have any of the 5 and wish to use them, Once everything is up and running within a week or so, the game and your FC must be registered.

I am sorry for the delay in setting everything up. Work and family have taken over. I have tomorrow off and plan on trying to set everything up. Again, all clans, please save the first post of your clan in case the clan accidentally gets deleted. Don't want to lose everything that you've been working on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we bring in a wifi battling section?   Should we bring in a wifi battling section? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1