Pokémon Forums 9000
<text = "+3">FORUM SHUT DOWN : WE ARE CLOSING DOWN PF9K IN 7 DAYS AND WE'VE STARTED A NEW FORUM COMMUNITY i.e <a href = "http://www.pokemonelemental.comp">POKEMON ELEMENTAL FORUM</a>. USERS AND GUESTS FROM HERE ARE REQUESTED TO JOIN PEF.THANKYOU</text>
Hello!
Welcome to Pokémon Forums 9000
Login to your Pokémon Forums 9000 account to access all features.

Thankyou For Visiting Pokémon Forums 9000
Pokémon Forums 9000
<text = "+3">FORUM SHUT DOWN : WE ARE CLOSING DOWN PF9K IN 7 DAYS AND WE'VE STARTED A NEW FORUM COMMUNITY i.e <a href = "http://www.pokemonelemental.comp">POKEMON ELEMENTAL FORUM</a>. USERS AND GUESTS FROM HERE ARE REQUESTED TO JOIN PEF.THANKYOU</text>
Hello!
Welcome to Pokémon Forums 9000
Login to your Pokémon Forums 9000 account to access all features.

Thankyou For Visiting Pokémon Forums 9000
Pokémon Forums 9000
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash Ketchum
Administrator
Administrator
Ash Ketchum

Move Chance
1:
1Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ Empty
Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ Empty

PostSubject: Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ   Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:32 am

Are all the Pokemon available?
Many of the Johto and Kanto Pokemon are available. However, you may only access the Johto Pokemon when you go to the Rainbow islands, and not all of them will be in the game.

Who make up the Elite 4?
Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, and Lance.

Who are the starters for Fire Red and Leaf Green?
The Water Type, Squirtle, Grass Type, Bulbasaur, and Fire Type, Charmander.

What does FR/LG mean?
FR/LG is the abbreviated form of Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Are Johto and Hoenn accessable??
Kanto is in the game, as well as the new Islands. The Johto Pokemon will be in the game; however, they will appear on the Islands, not in Johto. Hoenn Pokemon are only accessible through trading, which is only available if you recover the Ruby and Sapphire Plates found on the Islands. Hoenn and Johto themselves are not available (at this moment anyway, though there have been rumors of Johto being uncovered)

What is a remake or a port?
A remake is a spin of an old game, with added features. A port is a direct copy of a game to a new platform. (Example: Super Mario 2 [Super Nintendo] Super Mario Advance [GBA])

Can I get shiny Pokemon?
Yes, the platform of this game is based on the same of Ruby and Sapphire.

Are there updated sprites from the ones in Ruby and Sapphire?
Yes, but only for the Kanto Pokemon.

Are FR and LG compatible with Ruby and Sapphire or Colosseum?
Yes, after the Ruby and Sapphire Plates are acquired.

Does the game feature a female trainer as well?
Yes: This trainer is the female of the games.

What is this ‘wireless’ feature?
It is a new way to trade, battle, and mix records with other friends. It will be packaged with every Fire Red and Leaf Green cartridge. It has a distance of 10 meters.

Are there new GYM leaders?
No, they are the same Gym Leaders as in the original games.

What are the “Rainbow Islands?”
They are islands that one may travel upon, after defeating the Elite Four. You may encounter and capture Johto Pokemon, including some of the legendaries.

How many Rainbow Islands are there?
There are 9 islands located in the game. Two are inaccessible currently.

Following Information provided by Rust:

What legendaries are in the game? What are their locations?
Articuno-Seafoam Islands
Zapdos-Power Plant
Moltres-Mystery (Or Rainbow) Island 1
Mewtwo-Unknown Dungeon
Raikou-In the wild you you chose Squirtle as starter.
Suicune-In the wild if you chose Charmander as your starter
Entei-In the wild if you chose Bulbasaur as your starter
Lugia-Mystery Island 8 (You need the Mystery Ticket)
Ho-Oh -Mystery Island 8
Deoxys-Mystery Island 9 (You need the Aurora Ticket)

What about the 4 Legendary Moves?
On one of the Mystery Islands, a tutor will teach ONE Pokemon Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, or Frenzy Plant, and he will only teach it to your starter. So far, we do not know if Volt Tackle is in the Game.

How many Pokemon do I need to Get the National Dex?
You need 60 Pokemon and you need to beat the Elite 4.

Which Pokemon are exclusive to what version?

Fire Red: Ekans, Arbok, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Belossom, Psyduck, Golduck, Growlithe, Arcanine, Shelder, Cloyster, Elekid, Electrabuzz, Scyther, Scizor, Wooper, Quagsire, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Delibird, and Skarmory.

Leaf Green:
Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victrybell, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Slowking, Staryu, Starmie, Magby, Magmar, Pinsir, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Misdreavous, Sneasel, Remoraid, Octillery, and Mantine.

More information added by me, provided by various sources:

Are the TMs in the game the same as they were in Red and Blue?
The TMs are the same as in Ruby and Sapphire, however, the old TM moves are available for one time use by various people throughout the game.

More Islands Info:
Islands 1, 2, and 3 are accessible after defeating the Gym Leader on Cinnabar Island. Bill will take you there. Islands 4, 5, 6, and 7 will be accessible after defeating the Elite 4 one time, capturing at least 60 types of Pokemon, and retrieving the Ruby Plate on Island One. Islands 8 and 9 are inaccessible currently, but will be in future Nintendo events (or you can just hack into them with GameShark, etc.)

I can't get to Island 8 and Island 9! Why not!?
You need a special Nintendo event ticket that has not yet been released (or you can just use a cheating device).

Is the Mew / MissingNo. glitch still in the game?
No, Nintendo has cleared the remakes of all glitches, these games are clean, unfortunately.

Can you multiply items like using the original RBY method and Missingno?
No. That glitch has been fixed and there's no known way to multiply items currently, without using a cheating device.

Can I trade between my Ruby or Sapphire game?
Yes, if you've retrieved the Ruby Plate on Island One, and the Sapphire Plate on Island Six, and have given them to Celio on Island One to fix the machine, he will unlock trading between Ruby, Sapphire, and Colosseum.

What's the "Vs. Seeker"?
It is a new item in the game that allows you to rechallenge nearby opponents after a certain number of steps.

How do I activate the "Mystery Gift System"?
Go into any Pokemart, and take the survey that's on the counter. Put in "Link Together With All" as your saying, and the cashier will tell you it is unlocked. No one really quite knows how the Myster Gift System works yet, though.

HELP! The rockets won't let me into the cave on Island One!
You need to defeat the Elite Four and receive the National Pokedex from Proffessor Oak in order to battle them and get into the cave.

Why won't my Pokemon evolve when I trade them?
You need to make sure that you have the National Pokedex first, otherwise, your Pokemon will only evolve up to whatever state they could in the original Red and Blue games (ex: Onix will only evolve into Steelix if you have the National Pokedex).

How do I get the National Pokedex?
You must catch 60 or more Pokemon, and defeat the Elite Four at least one time. After that, Proffessor Oak should give you the new Pokedex.

HEY! I just got the Sapphire Plate on Island Six, but the Scientist stole it from me! Where did he go?
Return to Island Five, and go down the Warehouse (it previously was locked, but now you'll find you can enter it). Make your way through all the mazes to the end, and you have to battle the scientist for it (after battling two Rocket Admins).

Where can I get Mewtwo in the game?
You must defeat the Elite Four, have found and given the Ruby and Sapphire plates to Celio, and have received the National Pokedex from Proffessor Oak. After that's done, travel to Cerlean City, and go up the Nugget Bridge. Take a left, and surf on the river down to an area where you see a cave. That is the Unknown Cave, where Mewtwo lays. (contributed by Necrobat)

For further help, visit www.gamefaqs.com and search for Pokemon Leaf Green (/ Fire Red).

Other Moderators are welcome to post further information that they think is essential.
Back to top Go down
http://pokeforum.narutorpg.org
Patrick
Begginer Trainer
Begginer Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ   Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Well for Volt Tackle is for Pikachu. It has to love you 100% and IT MUST BE A PIKACHU.
Back to top Go down
neonrider
Begginer Trainer
Begginer Trainer
neonrider

PostSubject: Re: Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ   Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:49 am

Rainbow Islands are the Japanese names. They are called the Sevii Islands normally. But 4-7 are available with the Rainbow Pass Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ   Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ Empty

Back to top Go down

Read Before Posting : FR/LG FAQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon Forums 9000 :: Pokemon Discussions :: Pokémon GBA Games-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com